Lice infestation is a very common and embarrassing problem. There are three types of lice infestation- head lice, pubic lice and body lice. The general symptoms of lice infestation are itching, redness and crusting. Head lice are most commonly see in school going kids and could be a subject of ridicule and humiliation.
The problem usually starts with poor hygiene and direct head to head contact with people with head lice. Severe head lice may give rise to various scalp infections and hair fall. Body lice are usually seen in underdeveloped countries. Unhygienic habits and direct body contact are the major causes of body lice. Pubic lice infest the genitals and the pubic area and are transmitted by sexual intercourse or other direct sexual contacts.
There are various treatment options to control lice infestation but home remedies are not only safe but are also very effective and easy.
Below are some of the best natural remedies for lice infestation:
- Washing your hair with vinegar not only kills the lice but also the tits and helps in releasing them.
- To kills the lice and the eggs you may massage your scalp and hair with mayonnaise and comb the hair properly after two hours. This is a very effective remedy.
- Wash your hair everyday by adding 15-20 drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo bottle.
- Application of castor oil is a very good remedy for killing the lice and also preventing lice infestation.
- Rubbing the scalp with fresh lemon juice is very effective in killing the lice. Lemon is also good for various scalp problems like dandruff and hair loss.
- Listerine mouth wash contains very powerful agents that help kill the lice safely and effectively. Take generous amounts of Listerine mouth wash and rub it vigorously on the scalp. Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo using plenty of water. You will see the difference immediately.
Lice are very contagious and most of the lice infestations are due to direct personal contact with people with lice. So it is very important that you avoid such unhealthy contacts whilst maintaining a good personal hygiene.