Bad breath is usually caused by bacteria that live in the mouth. More precisely, it is the wastes of bacteria, by-products of protein residues which are the sulfur compounds that leave a very unpleasant odor. Bacteria emit methyl mercaptan, hydrogen sulfide, etc. which causes bad breath. These products are called “volatile sulfur compounds, they are volatile and evaporate quickly at body temperature but leave an unpleasant smell behind.
Causes of bad breath
The appearance of bad breath in most cases is due to the hygienic oral condition. It can also arise in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract; it may also be accompanied by other phenomena such as belching, nausea, rumbling in the stomach. In this case it is necessary to consult a gastroenterologist. Diseases such as chronic tonsillitis and rhinitis can also be a cause of unpleasant bad breath.
Natural Home remedies for bad breath
- Take 2 tablespoon of tarragon and mix in a glass of boiling water. Leave the mixture for up to 20 minutes. Gargle with this solution 5-6 times a day regularly.
- Mix 1 tablespoon peppermint with 0.5 liters of boiling water. Leave it for an hour. Gargle with this solution 4-6 times a day on a regular basis.
- Mix 20g of alder leaves in 500ml boiling water. Gargle with this solution 4-6 times a day, regularly.
- Grate equal amount of – herb birch leaves, chamomile flowers, bark of oak, grass. Brew tea by mixing the grated ingredients and drink daily.
- Take 19-15 caraway seeds and mix in a glass of boiled water. Use as a gargle 4-6 times a day.
- Take 1 dessert spoon of roots of mustard plaster and mix in a glass of water and boil it for 5 minutes. Store it in shade for 30-40 minutes and drain. Use as a gargle several times a day.
- Take 1 teaspoon herbs burdock and add it to 200ml of water, boil for 2-3 minutes, leave it squeezed and pressed for 1 hour. Use as a gargle several times a day.