Dangers of medicines found in a home

Recommend to others!


Overview

If you have children or pets, you probably checked that there is a potential danger for them, to move or to block access to cleaning products, for example. However, it is quite easy to miss something that a child would find attractive.

Windshield washing fluid in the garage might seem like a large cup of blue fruit liquid for your child. Red drugs may be associated by a child with a candy.

You can’t take measures to protect your family at 100%, but at least you can take measures to beware the loved ones of the biggest threats in your home. You should be able to anticipate what a child could do. They are smart, fast and like to imitate their parents.


Contents

1. Overview
2. What could be the greatest dangers in the house?


What could be the greatest dangers in the house?

The most dangerous would probably be drugs. Parents do not always put drugs away enough from children. They often are in boxes easy to open or where children have easy enough access. Even if medicines are considered safe for children, there could occur an overdose.

Everything can be toxic if the dose is inappropriate, including some vitamins (such as iron, for example). Personal care products are another danger to children. The most damaging are those containing alcohol. Children may suffer poisoning if they drink adults mouthwash. They often see their parents rinsing their mouth with mouthwash and try to imitate them only that, most often swallow rather than spit. Then there are pesticides that are dangerous if swallowed or if reaching the skin. It is important to understand that these products are designed to kill organisms.

Hydrocarbons such as gasoline, kerosene, light oil and kerosene fluid could be a cause of concern. Although they pass through the digestive system without causing too much damage, they can reach the lungs, causing a serious condition called aspiration pneumonia when he swallowed the child vomits, and emesis debris are aspirated into the lungs.

Dish detergents, toilet bowl cleaners, etc. can cause immediate damage. Prevent the possibility of poisoning at home will be done by keeping cleaning products and other chemicals in their original containers and stored in tightly closed cabinets or on shelves. Tighten containers with closures to protect children after using a drug.

If you must use a pesticide or cleaning product, keep them in a well ventilated area and follow the instructions on the label. If a warning is given, give them the necessary attention. Do not make excessive use of drugs and only the amount of product you need or one recommended by your doctor.

Comments

comments

Speak Your Mind

*

Current day month ye@r *