Gallbladder is a sac like organ which you can find under the liver. The function of gallbladder is to store bile which is being produced in liver.
When the flow of bile is hampered or if the flow slows down then there is a possibility of Gallbladder disease.
Signs and Symptoms of Gallbladder disease:
Here are some of the symptoms found which can lead to gallbladder disease.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain on the right side of the abdomen
- Indigestion after eating fatty food.
- Don’t feel like eating food
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Burping and gas formation.
Types of Gallbladder disease:
Most commonly found Gallbladder disease is as follows
Cholelithiasis: Cholelithiasis is also known as gallstones are caused when there is development of stones in gallbladder. Most of the time patients having gallstones don’t show any symptoms but when the stones are large they need to be removed by performing surgery.
Cholecystitis: Cholecystitis occurs to alcoholic patients are quite painful. The wall of gallbladder can get ruptured anytime in extreme cases and it requires immediate surgery.
Biliary Colic: Biliary Colic is a condition which occurs when the cystic duct is blocked which can be a very painful condition.
Alternative treatment of Gallbladder disease: Some people are scared of surgery and hence they want to opt for various alternative treatments. One must know that you should not opt for any of the alternative treatments without consulting your doctor.
You can use natural supplements like Vitamin C because helps in dissolving gallstones. You can take 400mg of Vitamin C every day ONLY after consultation with your doctor.
Another way of treating gallstones naturally is drinking loads of water and fruit juices to flush stones from your gallbladder.
- Patients suffering from gallbladder should do regular aerobic exercises and avoid eating fatty acids.
- Herbs such as Green tea, Turmeric and Globe artichoke reduce the inflammation of gallbladder.
- Leave eating dairy products, red meat and eggs as they have high cholesterol levels and irritate gallbladder.
- Phosphatidylcholine, Alpha-lipoic acid, Magnesium and Taurine are the natural supplements to cure the deficiencies and help in curing gallbladder disease.
- Alcohol drinking and smoking aggravates gallbladder disease and hence to be avoided.
- Cook food in healthy cooking oil such as olive oil and include more of fiber in your daily diet.
- Homeopathic medicines are also very useful in treating gallbladder disease and a homeopathic doctor can advise you medicines such Colocynthis and Chelidonium.
- To reduce the swelling in gallbladder area you can add castor pack in your abdomen regularly for few days.