When I think of spring I think of nature renaissence, of a brand new start for people, of joy for life and of happiness. Spring is the perfect season for adjusting your way of living, for eating healthier end for spending more time outdoors.
Here are some ideas on how to take advantage at maximum of the good things spring offers us:
1. For a great source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals opt for fresh vegetables. Since during the winter a lot of us have relied mostly on the vegetables we have conserved in the fridge since last fall, now it is the best moment for going to the nearest market and buying fresh salad, spinach, dandelion greens and nettles.
2. I’m sure that winter did not quite tempt you to go out for any activity, and now your body is lusting for some jogging, rollerblading or even a relaxing walk. Take advantage of the wonderful time you find in the sunny days and go in the park with your family or with a friend or two. This will definitely wake you up from your winter sleep.
3. Watch out for the seasonal cold. You might believe that winter is the best season to catch a cold, but you are quite wrong. Especially during the spring most of the people with a weak immune system catch a cold or even flu. So the best thing to do will be to avoid for a few more weeks the crowded places that can expose you more intensely to viruses.
4. Even if some might be happy that spring is finally here, not all of us can live this wonderful feeling due to spring allergies. If you know that you are allergic to pollen it is best to use air filters indoors during these few weeks, buy antihistamines and special eye drops, so that the spring does not take you by surprise with a tiny allergy.
5. Don’t forget about sunblock lotions. As I’m sure you will be spending more and more time outdoors I want to remind you about using special creams that block the UVA and UVB from affecting your skin. Protect your nose, lips and ears as they tend to get burned a lot more easily.
6. Organize you time so that you can finish your daily chars at work or at school and still be able to go in the park for relaxation. Seeing how warm it can get and how lovely the sunlight dances on our skin we might get a little bit more dreamy and lazy and this might lead us to neglecting out daily chars. The idea is to make a plan of how you are going to spent your day and stick to it. In this way you will not have any problems with your boss and you will be able to enjoy every moment of this spring.