The lymphatic system

Recommend to others!


1. Overview


Most of people know very little about the lymphatic system. Even so, most have heard about the lymphatic drainage or lymphatic massage.

We are familiar with the lymph nodes located in the armpits and in the groin and swollen lymph know that is a sign of danger.

However, few people know that the size of the lymphatic system is double that of the circulatory system. The human body is present twice as much lymph than blood and twice as many lymph vessels than blood vessels.

Much of the human body consists of water and some of the water is in the bloodstream, but most of it is in the lymphatic system. Lymphatic vessels are placed in parallel with the blood vessels in the body.


Contents

1. Overview
2. Anatomy
3. Lymphatic system action
4. Factors that adversely affects the lymphatic system


2. Anatomy

Vessels of the lymphatic system are crossed by a fluid called lymph that is collected in the space between cells. Lymph feeds the body cells, transporting various nutrients such as salts, minerals and protein.

Toxins and residues are taken from kidney, lungs, colon and skin and are then removed. The lymphatic system can be called the cellular system of toxins elimination.

About three liters of lymph flow in a day inside the body, towards the top of the chest. There are over 600 lymph nodes in the human body, some grouped within the region of armpits and upper chest.

Lymph from the legs and genitals collects and drains through a large network of nodes located in the groin.


3. Lymphatic system action

Lymph and cellular fluids constitute 80% of body fluids, while the blood supplies the remaining 20%. Lymph fluid carries all the nutrients, oxygen, carbon dioxide and other metabolic wastes from billions of cells.

Lymph can be resorbed into the bloodstream or be filtered by one or more lymph nodes before entering the bloodstream. When not doing enough, lymphatic system reduces the ability to function of the brain and other organs.

Toxins are normally filtered and destroyed by the lymphatic system. However, in the intestine and colon’s cases, when a person does not have a good health and no proper nutritional habits, lymph stagnates and old warehouses may contain dead bacteria, metabolic toxins and dead cells.


4. Factors that adversely affects the lymphatic system

Among the factors that negatively influence the lymphatic system include:
- Fatigue – lack of rest;
- Physical inactivity – lack of healthy exercise;
- Consumption of processed foods – lack of fresh food;
- Chronic depression;
- Toxic chemical substances;
- Negative attitudes and behaviors that block positive energy.

When the lymphatic system is blocked or becomes inert, the oxygen levels will be low, the environment will be toxic, and this will adversely affect all body cells.

Toxic lymphatic flow can cause thickened and dirty lymph that causes degeneration of cells and organs and may contribute to the formation of tumors and cancers.

Comments

comments

Speak Your Mind

*

Current day month ye@r *